Looking for something new to do with pork chops? Stuffed pork chops are a delicious option. This pork chop recipe seems particularly perfect for fall.
The thick pork chops are stuffed with an apple and seasoned bread stuffing and are so delicious. This is a meal that the entire family will enjoy.
- Stove Top Stuffing
- Celery, diced
- Apple, finely diced (I used a Granny Smith)
- Chicken Stock
- Thick Cut Boneless Pork Chops
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Egg, beaten
- Bread Crumbs
Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
Printable Recipe Card
- 1 Package of Stove Top Stuffing
- 1/4 c Celery, diced
- 1/2 c Apple, finely diced (I used a Granny Smith)
- 1/2 c Chicken Stock
- 4-8 Thick Cut Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 c Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 c Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Water
- 1 c Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a mixing bowl, combine stuffing, celery, apple and chicken stock. Mix to moisten the stuffing mixture.
- Cut pockets into each pork chop being careful not to slice all of the way through.
- Stuff each pocket with the stuffing mixture. You may not need to use all of the stuffing mixture.
- You’ll need three small bowls to make the dredge mixtures.
- In one bowl combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Stir to combine.
- In the second bowl, combine one beaten egg with the buttermilk and water.
- The third bowl will hold the bread crumbs.
- Dredge each stuffed pork chop in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, and lastly in the bread crumbs.
- Place on a parchment lined cooking sheet.
- Bake at 350℉ for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until desired brownness.
You also have the option, if you prefer, to brown the chops in a skillet with cooking oil on each side and then place into the oven to finish cooking. If you use this method, the chops need to bake 25-30 minutes.
Cooks Tip: Drizzle with a pork mushroom gravy sauce to add extra richness and to dress up if serving to company.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 715Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 254mgSodium: 684mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 84g